Munster Burglary Lawyer
- Burglary is defined under Indiana law as breaking into and entering the building or structure of another person with the intent to commit a felony. The entry does not require the use of force, but it must be unauthorized.
- Robbery is an aggravated form of theft that involves taking property by the threat or use of force.
- If you or someone you love has been arrested and charged with burglary or robbery, the most important step you can take is hiring an experienced criminal defense lawyer who has proven ability at both pretrial negotiations with prosecutors and courtroom litigation.
- At the law office of Robert J. Varga, Attorney at Law, I have represented hundreds of individuals throughout northwest Indiana in criminal cases during my more than 19 years of practicing criminal defense law.
- Conviction of burglary or robbery can result in imprisonment, fines, probation and other consequences associated with a felony conviction. Factors that will determine the severity of the punishment include a previous criminal record, the type of structure that was unlawfully entered and the crime that was committed upon entry.
Breaking And Entering Attorney Serving Hammond And All Of Northwest Indiana
- I have established a record as an attorney who will go to trial when it is in my client's best interest. As a result, I am able to negotiate favorable resolutions with prosecutors in many cases and often completely avoid the risks associated with trial.
- I will examine every aspect of your arrest on burglary or robbery charges to see if your constitutional rights were violated. If prosecutors are relying on your statements to help get a conviction, I will make sure you were properly advised about your rights prior to questioning.
- Through my experience handling hundreds of criminal defense cases, I know how to locate the weaknesses in the prosecution's case and use that to negotiate a favorable resolution or in some instances get the case dismissed.
- If you or someone in your family faces burglary or robbery charges, don't wait to involve an experienced Munster burglary attorney. Contact us to schedule a free consultation in which I can review the facts of your case and recommend the best steps to take next.