Hammond Juvenile Defense Attorney
- When a child is arrested and charged with a crime, it is an intensely stressful experience for the entire family. By understanding what to expect throughout the process, you can reduce that stress and improve your chances of a positive resolution to the case.
- The most important decision you will make after your child is arrested is the attorney you select to represent him or her. At the law office of Robert J. Varga, Attorney at Law, in Northwest Indiana, I have extensive experience as a juvenile defense lawyer serving communities throughout Lake County, Porter County and northwestern Indiana.
Minor Child Defense Lawyer Serving Gary And East Chicago
- The juvenile justice system follows a similar route to the adult criminal process, with a significant difference being that juvenile courts focus on rehabilitation rather than punishment. If your child encountered problems connected to use of alcohol or drugs, I am familiar with numerous diversion programs and treatment resources that county prosecutors often agree to use in juvenile cases in lieu of certain punishments, such as detention.
- I work with young people and their parents, as well as prosecutors and other juvenile court officials, to determine the best resolution regarding a full range of juvenile crimes, including:
- Possession of a fake ID
- Alcohol-related offenses such as minor in possession or underage drunk driving
- Drug crimes such as possession of marijuana, cocaine or prescription painkillers
- Property crimes such as vandalism or auto theft
- Battery, assault or school fights
- Sex crimes
- I have over 20 years of experience providing effective, cost-efficient criminal defense representation throughout northwest Indiana. In that time, I have established a strong professional presence in juvenile court systems in Lake County and Porter County.
- If your child has been charged with a juvenile crime in northwest Indiana, representation by a seasoned Hammond juvenile defense lawyer is indispensable. I understand how much is at stake for your child's future.
- Contact us to schedule a free consultation. I will assess the facts of the case and recommend the best steps to take next.