Munster Theft Lawyer
- If you or someone in your family has been arrested and charged with theft, the consequences could be serious. It is important to seek the counsel of an experienced criminal defense attorney.
- Too often, individuals who face charges of theft, burglary or conversion underestimate the impact that a conviction can have on their future, including their current job status. A theft conviction could result in a jail sentence. It will assuredly stay on your permanent record, which complicates job searches for years to come.
Shoplifting Defense Attorney Serving Hammond And Munster
- Theft and conversion are similar offenses with significantly different penalties. Theft is a Class D felony, while conversion is a Class A misdemeanor. In Indiana, a Class D felony theft conviction carries a penalty of up to three years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine. Conviction on a charge of conversion carries a maximum penalty of one year in jail and as much as a $5,000 fine.
- How your case is charged is largely a decision of a county prosecutor. It is critical to involve a skilled criminal defense lawyer early in the process who is committed to negotiating on your behalf and will prepare the best defense possible.
- At the Munster, Indiana, office of Robert J. Varga, Attorney at Law, I have defended clients against theft, conversion and numerous other criminal charges â€” both felonies and misdemeanors â€” for more than 19 years. My experience will be put to use on your behalf. I am committed to achieving the best possible results for my clients.
Always Prepared To Protect Your Rights
- I have extensive experience defending individuals against a wide variety of theft and fraud charges, including:
- Perhaps the most important distinction between me and many other Indiana criminal defense lawyers is that I am always prepared to go to trial when it is in a client's best interest. I am an experienced courtroom litigator who understands the importance of keeping your record clean when the evidence strongly favors you.
- If you need to speak with a Munster theft attorney, call 219-836-0222 or email me to schedule a free initial consultation. I can answer your questions and give you a realistic assessment of your case and the possible outcomes.