Hammond DUI-DWI-OWI Lawyer

  • Driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI) is among the most aggressively prosecuted crimes in Indiana, particularly for repeat offenders. Even first-time offenders face possible jail time and license suspension. Click here for more information and frequently asked questions about drunk driving charges.
  • An operating while intoxicated (OWI) charge also known as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving under the influence (DUI) ┬áis a serious charge that requires equally serious and aggressive legal representation. At the office of Robert J. Varga, Attorney at Law, I know the nuances of Indiana OWI law, as well as the circumstances involved in many OWI arrests that infringe on drivers' rights.
  • If you face DUI charges, you need an attorney who will do more than accompany you to court and explain what is happening as you proceed through the system. While other DUI defense lawyers are quick to accept reduced charges and move on to their next case, I am capable and determined to take your case to trial if it is in your best interest.

Munster Drunk Driving Defense Attorney

  • I will review every aspect of your OWI case, from the police stop to the manner in which a standardized field sobriety test was administered. Often, there are valid reasons to question the tactics used during a DWI arrest, including a violation of your constitutional rights.
  • I also pay attention to the strict timeframe and procedures that must be adhered to regarding the administration of a breath test. A challenge on the admissibility of the breath-testing reading device has resulted in reduced charges in some past cases and the complete dismissal of charges in others.
  • I work with any individual who faces northwest Indiana operating while intoxicated charges.

Schedule A Free Consultation

  • If you have questions about your arrest, you can have them answered by a Hammond DUI-DWI-OWI attorney during a free initial consultation. I will meet with your personally and give you an honest assessment of your case. Contact us to schedule an appointment.